SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Finally got NetFlix!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:17 pm 

I found out that a standard NetFlix subscription here in Israel costs 40 NIS (approx. $12) a month, with the first month being free - so I signed up. Now I can finally watch the second season of The Expanse without returning to the overpriced cable company! And I can finally see what's all the fuss about Stranger Things!

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

Post subject: Re: Finally got NetFlix!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:34 pm 

May I suggest the following:

House of Cards - I know Kevin Spacey is a bad dude, but the show is amazing. It looked very out there and "no way that could happen", then we got Trump...

Netflix is also working with Marvel on their street level superhero group The Defenders. If you like that genera, I highly recommend it.
Daredevil - The first season is the best, but it is quite good.
Jessica Jones - The best of the bunch in my opinion
Luke Cage - Also, amazingly good
Iron Fist - Meh, the weakest of the lot, but needed for the big payoff. Still OK though
The Defenders - Brings all of the above to close out some story lines - very nice to see.
The Punisher - Comes out this month, follows a secondary character from DD2, but I have heard mediocre-to-bad reviews. Supposed to be pretty violent

Stranger Things - A show set in the 80's about a group of D&D playing kids who encounter a real monster - excellent! 2nd season just came out, with great reviews, but I haven't seen it yet (Christmas binge...)

You can also catch up on a lot of other shows - they have about 100 of the old Doctor Who episodes all the way back to Hartnell and Troughton and most of the new seasons (I think they are 1 behind).

Enjoy! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 pm 

Wonderful! Thank you for the recommendations.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:55 am 
Administrator

Stranger Things is bloody fantastic and definitely worth watching, as is The Expanse (both seasons). If they have Season 1 of True Detective then I really recommend that too (don't bother with season 2 though).

I dunno what Netflix has where you are, but in Canada it's terrible - it hardly has anything good here (e.g. no Thor 2: The Dark World. No Nolan Batman movies. 90% of the time anything I search for it doesn't have). I literally just subscribe for a month, watch the handful of things i want to see and then drop it again til it has something else on (like the next season of Stranger Things...)

evildrganymede.net - visit the The Worldbuilding Hub, and check out my Science Blog!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:25 pm 

I thought Travelers was pretty good.

Note: it is not about people in 200t free traders, but don't let that keep you from watching.

I also shamelessly watch Bojack Horseman.