SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 72 73 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:09 pm 

This week I sent the BIG RPG project to layout. It is in its very final stages.

I have also continued writing my new world/sector generator program in Python, which I think is a vast improvement over my previous attempt - I am a better (beginner) programmer now.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:53 pm 

I finished a new, FAR BETTER (IMHO) version of my old Python world-generating script!

I am also in the VERY final stages of publishing the Big Project(TM) for the Cepheus Engine...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 pm 

I took an early retirement and am moving to Brisbane, Qld with my Aussie wife. My in-laws seem to like me alot. Now I might have some time to tinker with the game some more. I'll also spend time getting back into competitive fencing and perhaps modding a computer game or two.

When you're retired, every day is Saturday!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm 

When you are unemployed, every day is also Saturday! :-) (Technically speaking I'm not unemployed until Monday, but I have tons of holiday to use up).
I'm writing up military science fiction scenarios, with a view to eventually putting some up on DriveThruRPG. It is also very entertaining having a trip down memory lane and seeing just how many old scenarios from 90s campaigns just don;t work any more - or play very differently - if now you assume all the PCs have mobile phones, GPS and t'interweb.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 pm 

The softcover version of THESE STARS ARE OURS! got approved today and I've ordered a proof copy. The hardcover final (fingers crossed) proof - already shipped - should reach Stellagama within a day or two. We will (G-d willing) have TSAO in P-o-D very shortly!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 pm 

Something I always wanted to do was create a modernized 2300-ish map. Since I currently have a lot of time on my hands right now, I've been creating one in Adobe Illustrator. Used the files EDG provides on his site as well as a search for any add'l stars not on those lists (like Luhman 16).

Right now I've only populated stars out to ~36 LY which is something like 350 stars or so (fewer than half!), and build the connections as I go. I have the spider web of connecting lanes in its own layer, as well as separate layers for the major "arms". Pictured here are two of them.

One of the advantages of using AI is that I can "nudge" stars a bit so that the Z-axis doesn't stack systems. For me usability > precision. Although it still gets messy in a few places where stars are tightly packed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 pm 

I've thought of using Sketch Up to 3D model star maps. Haven't done so yet, will probably just buy Astrosynthesis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 pm 

Finished up "porting" FASA Star Trek to use the Cepheus Engine. The name of the game is "Star Trek: Alpha Quadrant", and if you want, you can get it here. Feedback on the rules themselves are welcome. Just don't nail me for the jaggies in some of the images, as I didn't think anyone would want to download the 200MB version. Oh, and I don't recommend trying to print it out, as it is not printer friendly at all due to all the full color images.

Star Trek: Alpha Quadrant: The game Mongoose failed to make. (File Updated 5/19)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm 

Traveller wrote:
Finished up "porting" FASA Star Trek to use the Cepheus Engine. The name of the game is "Star Trek: Alpha Quadrant", and if you want, you can get it here. Feedback on the rules themselves are welcome. Just don't nail me for the jaggies in some of the images, as I didn't think anyone would want to download the 200MB version. Oh, and I don't recommend trying to print it out, as it is not printer friendly at all due to all the full color images.

Awesome work.

And calling the Referee "Q" is a touch of genius. :ugeek:

Man has earned the right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone completely bat**** insane. xkcd #556
Just like people, stars can be very important without being terribly bright. Phil Plait, "Bad Astronomy"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:14 pm 

Sir Chaos wrote:
Traveller wrote:

Awesome work.

And calling the Referee "Q" is a touch of genius. :ugeek:

Hehehe I just imagined a Babylon 5 RPG in which the Referee is called "Kosh"! :-D

Player: Should I press the red button or the green on the alien device?

"Kosh": Yes.

Also works with rotating Referees: "We are All Kosh".

Kosh is an impartial Referee interested in character development ("Who are you?") while Mr. Morden is a Monty Haul Killer DM ("What do you Want?" then involves you in a Shadow conspiracy).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 728 posts ]  Go to page Previous 168 69 70 71 72 73 Next