SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 731 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 7074 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:33 pm 

Well, the CT Robots book has Zhodani robots that are controlled via telepathy, but that´s it.

Man has earned the right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone completely bat**** insane. xkcd #556
Just like people, stars can be very important without being terribly bright. Phil Plait, "Bad Astronomy"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:22 pm 

This week I have finished revisions on two chapters of our Big Project, and edited another one for one of my partners. One more (30% written already) chapter and a one-page news-sheet to complete and we will have a full draft for final proof-reading and layout.

G-d willing, we will publish it on Christmas 2016!

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:20 pm 

Does brewing beer count? Or is it only RPG hobbies? I can guess you can delete the post if it's a transgression.

Last week (11/14) I brewed a 5-gallon batch of my porter. It's my annual winter beer. O.G. 1.070. IBU 55. Primary fermentation is nearing the end. Will have to bottle it over the long holiday weekend.

Sunday I brewed a 1-gallon batch of a Black IPA. Or Black Ale. Or Cascadian Dark Ale. I don't know if the brewing community has come to an agreement on the name of the style yet. It's dark and hoppy. Anyway, O.G. 1.064. IBU 62-74 (depends on a couple of factors: leaf vs plug, hop sack retention, etc.). It's a wee bit high on the gravity, but it's easy to overdo it on the ingredients on small batches. If it's a success, I can always make a 5-gallon batch the next time I brew it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:53 pm 

Hobbies are hobbies. Sounds awesome.

I love Porter...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:59 pm 

Thanks!

Wow, a fellow porter fan. That's awesome. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:53 pm 

I like me beer so dark that you can put a spoon in it, go to the restroom, and when you get back, it still hasn't hit the side of the mug... :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:34 am 

8-) Nice. We'll have to compare beer notes in PM.

Moved both beers over to secondary fermentation today. Specific gravity readings look to be 6% for the Black IPA and 6.25% for the porter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:24 am 

Over the last few days I've brought out of cryogenic stasis my solar system generator. It's looking a little weak around the gills but I'm pleased with the bond albedo numbers I just fabricated. Before that I'd been juggling numbers to try and introduce terrestrial planets a little larger than Earth, trouble is, they snowball too easily and I added more GG/failed cores. Next up is green house effect.

In a perfect world I'd rewrite this in Excel or perhaps with Python but that's an awful lot of work and while its development over more than two years means there are way too many band aids on it, at the moment, it is less work to move forward with it rather than start from scratch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:26 am 

Oh, and having just returned from the Mountain Sun, here's my thumbs up for an IPA!

:thumbsup:

hmm, I think my thumb is broke, how am I gonna hitch a ride from the Vogons who just arrived in system?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:14 pm 

hiro wrote:
here's my thumbs up for an IPA!

Thank you!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 731 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 7074 Next