SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 79 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:13 pm 

Done a bit of prep for the Vampire game I'm running, and re-read some of the rules for the Battlestar Galactica campaign we've just started playing. I rewatched the BSG miniseries too!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:40 pm 
Administrator

I've been running a Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG lately - playing the Beyond the Rim adventure. The party just made it to the jungle deathworld of Cholganna, and their Chiss is having a bit of a hard time with the heat and creatures (he almost got eaten by some arboreal octopi :) ).

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:21 am 

I'm over the hump of getting BLUEHOLME™ material either out of the pipeline or lined up for orderly publication, so I have two new projects on the go at the moment, both percentile-based skill systems. One is my AEON:engine™ which is designed to work with multiple modular rules, kind of GURPS-like in concept if not in detail (my 5-Star System Brainstorm thread is related to this). The other is a Legend OGL-based fantasy game, a kind of tribute to an abandoned game from everybody's former favourite D100 publisher. The latter is fun because I'm working with a number of contributors to said abandoned game, who are all fantastically keen.

I am retiring from my post at the end of my current contract - educational establishments have the strange view that teaching staff should be on short fixed-term contracts while the penpushers are indispensable and are there for life. Not that I expect they wouldn't renew if I offered, programme leaders don't exactly grow on trees, but with the political situation in Hong Kong deteriorating by the day and tertiary education suffering from monetisation I think it's time to get out of both my job and this former colony.

All of which is closely related to Hobby Stuff because my pseudo-retirement will feature large doses of RPG publication. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:19 am 
Administrator

I'd recommend Canada or New Zealand as places to move to afterwards :)

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 pm 

EDG wrote:
I'd recommend Canada or New Zealand as places to move to afterwards :)

Funny you should mention that, for a long time (years, literally) we were considering New Zealand. But after taking a long look at our interests it's more likely to be Wales or Éire. This has nothing to do with the aforementioned game being heavily influenced Celtic mythology and Roman Wales, though it will certainly help with that! ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:34 pm 

I'm taking a break from designing and printing tanks and planes for 1/285th scale microarmor.
https://www.thingiverse.com/Captain_Ahab_62/designs
I'm trying to get a 3d model spaceship I posted here years agon printed in microarmor scale; Prining it in DnD scale would make it a bit over 4m long, and the 1/2"=1.5m scale would still be over 2m.
The wife put her foot down, so a sub-1m model is in the works.

On the RPG front, I dabble with EABA and a setting based on the Thirty Years War, but where witchcraft is real and hunted down, and Prague is the center of alchemy and secret societies such as Rosicrucians and Freemasons, and Hrad Houska holds a terrible secret.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:53 pm 

Ishmael wrote:
On the RPG front, I dabble with EABA and a setting based on the Thirty Years War, but where witchcraft is real and hunted down, and Prague is the center of alchemy and secret societies such as Rosicrucians and Freemasons, and Hrad Houska holds a terrible secret.

Ooooh :shock: :o

Man has earned the right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone completely bat**** insane. xkcd #556
Just like people, stars can be very important without being terribly bright. Phil Plait, "Bad Astronomy"

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:23 am 

Started uploading parts a model of a ship I did a long time ago to thingiverse
only at 1/285th scale because at DnD mini scale ( 1/60th, or twice the size of Azhanti High Lightning scale ), it'd be a little over 4 meters long and that's just not practical.
Maybe I should settle on a scale for mini play... 1/1200 maybe?
What do most people use?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4335657

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:14 pm 

Maybe 1/2400? It's a more common scale for 20th c. naval miniatures. Even so, an Azhanti High Lightning would still be almost 17cm/7" long at this scale (though that's better than double as much).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:40 pm 

I'm not sure I can go that small with a FDM printer
I'm limited by nozzle diameter of .4mm, but I can try, I suppose, although the radiators would have to be made from index card stock. Trying to do them in plastic would either but stupidly thick or else so fragile they'd break if you looked at the cross-eyed. The shuttles would have to be molded as part of the hull or omitted altogether. Details would have to be faked, pretty much to give an impression that something is there, even when its not.
I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

I think a Trav scout ship would end up being about 13-14mm long. I'll give one of those a shot as well for size comparisons.
I'll try to get something done in the next few days.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous 175 76 77 78 79 Next