SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:50 pm 
Administrator

Being shut-in is the best thing right now. Nobody should be leaving their homes for anything but essential purposes.

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:29 pm 

I'm considered Essential Personnel, as I work for a grocery store.

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:40 am 

EDG wrote:
Hey, long time no see, Vile! Glad you're well :)

My ability to trawl the internet a lot more these days is directly related to working-from-home being far more efficient! Luckily my enforced promotion will soon turn into pseudo-retirement, so expect to see me back here asking landlubber questions about astronomy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:43 pm 

Well, it looks like the rate of infection, or at least confirmed infections, is slowing a bit. It took about a week for the number to double here instead of three days. But still we're just shy of 1 percent of the NYC population infected, which is a creepy threshold.

Lots of extra time in my cocoon to think about SPACE STUFF.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:22 am 

I've just been reading the Colorado state figures. Here in Boulder county we have about 190 confirmed cases and 3 deaths.

Something like 5000 cases in the state.

Looking at the graphs for Colorado it seems too early to see any flattening of the curve.

I've been working from home for a little over three weeks now. The place I work is a research institute, part of the University of Colorado and while the university has completely transitioned to remote schooling and work, we still have people physically going to work as they're in labs/clean rooms and can't work from home and while some of the Federal programs we work on are being put on hold, our work for them has not. I've had to go to the lab just once I'm pleased to say tho I may need to go in again soon. Apart from that I've just been out grocery shopping and that's at a far lower frequency than normal.

Best thing about working from home is being able to see my two year old more frequently during the day :)

Back home in the UK my mum who's in her 80s is currently a couple of weeks into a 12 week isolation period. My elder sister lives close by and visits thru the window. My younger sister is a teacher and is still working, caring for the kids of essential workers even tho the school is closed to the general population.

Things got weird real quick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:26 am 
Administrator

Yep. Weird is the new normal. I'm thinking we won't be out of this til the end of May at the earliest.

Here in BC in Canada we're not doing too bad - we've had 1266 cases but 780 or so have recovered so there's more like 500 known active cases in total and it's only really increasing in Vancouver. Vancouver island has had about 80 cases total and they don't seem to be increasing hugely.

Doesn't stop me being terrified of going outside and being anywhere near anybody though. :/

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:26 pm 

Given how bad things look in the US, we're glad, my wife and I, that we moved to Brisbane a few years ago,
I'm a permanent resident now.
I go out for food and meds,
So most of the time, I just play with a 3d printer.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:21 pm 

@Ishmael - are you 3D printing anything gaming related?

The seagulls here think they now rule the world. This year's crop of chicks is going to get a nasty surprise when lockdown ends, the roads fill with traffic and the drivers no longer slow down and wait for the gulls to waddle out of the way!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:43 pm 

I've been designing tanks and planes for microarmor, mostly planes and cold war tanks
a couple of 30 years war things, but mostly microarmor

https://www.thingiverse.com/Captain_Ahab_62/designs