SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Mon May 16, 2022 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 pm 

Grab your blaster, thoughtcast your orders to the starship sentience, and fire up the planing engines - come and defend the light of humanity's greatest civilisation as it spreads to the stars!

Mindjammer Press and Modiphius Entertainment are delighted to announce their partnership to produce the new edition of Mindjammer - The Roleplaying Game, a transhuman science-fiction roleplaying game using the Fate Core system, written by ENnie Award-winning RPG and fiction writer Sarah Newton (Mindjammer, Achtung! Cthulhu, Monsters & Magic, Legends of Anglerre, Fate Core - Burn Shift, The Chronicles of Future Earth).

Have you always wanted to play a modern science-fiction roleplaying game - with consistent yet futuristic science, virtual realities, sentient starships, realistic aliens, and mysterious worlds, yet action-packed and filled with adventure? Mindjammer is your answer. It's a tabletop roleplaying game about heroic adventurers in the galaxy of the far future. With its hyper advanced technology humankind has spread to the stars, discovering ancient lost colonies and mysterious alien worlds. Using the popular and award-winning Fate Core rules, Mindjammer lets you play hardened mercenaries, cunning traders, steely-nerved pilots, intrigue-filled spies and culture agents, aliens, divergent hominids, artificial life forms, and even sentient starships.

Mindjammer - The Roleplaying Game is a 496-page hardback with gorgeous artwork and astrography by industry stalwarts such as Jason Juta, Eric Lofgren, Andreas Schroth, and Ian Stead. It's a standalone game with everything you need to play, including innovative new rules for alien life, planets, and star systems, organisations, culture conflict, hypertech, starmaps, background material, virtual realities and techno-psionic powers, and much more. It's available for pre-order and immediate PDF download now (see below); the hardback version of the game ships direct to customers in late March, and will be on shelves at your local FLGS from May.

Containing all the rules needed to play, including:

• Full rules for starships, organisations, and culture operations
  • Detailed character cultures, genotypes, and occupations - play a sentient starship!
  • New and innovative rules for describing planets, star systems, and alien life
  • Deep background material on the New Commonality of Humankind
  • Rules for the Mindscape and virtual worlds
  • Starmaps and planet descriptions, histories and background
  • Hyper-advanced equipment, weaponry, enhancements, starships, and more.

Mindjammer - The Roleplaying Game can be used to play in the New Commonality of Humankind, or as a complete and detailed transhuman space opera rules set for any science-fiction setting.

It's the Second Age of Space - the transhuman adventure is just beginning!

You can find out more about Mindjammer - The Roleplaying Game at http://www.mindjammer.com, and pre-order the game right now from the Modiphius webstore (http://www.modiphius.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=8652005&id=33562028) and download the Thoughtcast Edition 496-page PDF immediately. The hardback version of the game is expected to ship in late March, and hit the shelves in May. A free preview is available from RPGNow (http://www.drivethrustuff.com/product/126093/Mindjammer--The-Roleplaying-Game--FREE-PREVIEW).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm 
Administrator

I'm going to wait for the hardcopy, but it's good that it's finally seeing the light of day!

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am 

Many thanks EDG - the game's been a while coming.

The hardback version of Mindjammer should ship at the end of March / first week in April or so, and you'll get the PDF bundled with it. (You can also preorder for that first shipping batch and get the PDF immediately.)

Happy to answer any questions about the game or the setting. :)

Cheers,

Sarah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:43 am 

Certainly looks beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 pm 

This is definitely on my Wants List. I'll look out for it at the FLGS.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:55 pm 

strontygirl wrote:
This is definitely on my Wants List. I'll look out for it at the FLGS.

Awesome - many thanks, Strontygirl. It should hit the shelves in May - let me know if you have any trouble getting it via your FLGS and I can provide distributor info for them etc. :)

Cheers,

Sarah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:18 pm 

I think their main distributor is Esdevium - they are usually pretty good at getting stuff in within a few days of it being available.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:10 pm 

strontygirl wrote:
I think their main distributor is Esdevium - they are usually pretty good at getting stuff in within a few days of it being available.

Awesome - Modiphius is our distributor, who are using Esdevium, and also your FLGS will be able to go direct if they want to.

Cheers,

Sarah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:30 pm 

Hopping over to buy it now!

Don't need that dead-tree version - electrons work just fine for me!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 am 

Hi everyone - just to say we've now updated the Mindjammer RPG "Thoughtcast Edition" pre-release PDF to be the final production PDF, which is now available for immediate download to all preorder customers of the print + PDF bundle. The final production PDF fixes some errata and formatting issues, and also contains a number of new sidebars and text additions.

We've also got some firmer dates; the 496-page hardback is expected to arrive at our warehouse on appx 9th April, and will ship immediately; the PDF-only version will go on sale at the same time.

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,

Sarah