SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am 

Stellagama Publishing proudly presents:

Piracy and Privateering!

Pirates are the scourge of the space-lanes. Cutthroats, bandits, and scum, they are enemies to all humanity. Captured pirates can expect no mercy: only grim justice for their heinous crimes. Despite the risks, this book encourages science fiction roleplayers—Gamemasters and players alike—to embrace their inner space pirate, and set forth to the stars to carve a bloody swath across the galaxy!

Piracy and Privateering is a system-neutral sourcebook to help gamemasters run complete space pirate campaigns. In it, you will find guidelines for setting up a piracy or privateering sandbox campaign. There are fully developed encounter rules for figuring out which poor unfortunate souls have crossed paths with terrible player character pirates. We have also included system-neutral rules for fleshing out encounters with ships, space stations, and other unexpected sources of adventure. There are rules for selling ill-gotten booty, for splitting up crew shares, and for holding privateer courts. We have included examples of the economics of piracy and privateering, as well as sample encounter tables for two systems. There are over a dozen NPCs for GMs to use as pirate crewmembers, merchant captains, or pirate-hunting naval officers. Finally, we’ve included eight adventure seeds to help kick off space piracy and privateering campaigns!

So, strap on your boarding cutlass and laser pistol, raise the black flag, and start a campaign of plunder and riches! After all, haven’t you always wanted to be a space pirate?

Piracy and Privateering is compatible with most game systems, including the Original 2d6 OGL Science Fiction rules, Cepheus Engine, and Stars Without Number.

Get it HERE.

Attachments:
Pirate Cover - Small.png
Pirate Cover - Small.png [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 34 times ]

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:40 pm 

Nicely done, if (necessarily) a bit hand-wavy on the details. I particularly like the taxonomy of system types.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:16 pm 

I really like that too, Josh came up with a great concept there. Something that could easily port over into any gaming system for general encounter tables. Since all the different possibilities are there, you just adjust the numbers for each system, or type of system.

Very Slick