The ones I have are:Race for the Galaxy
- a classic deckbuilder where you have to be the first to build your empireCore Worlds
- another very neat deckbuilder-type game where you're pirates rampaging through a galaxy conquering planets and acquiring tech and ships to capture the Core Worlds in the centre of the galaxy. Very thinky!Android: Netrunner
- an asymmetric cyberpunk-themed magic-like card game where a Runner tries to steal the secret agendas of a Corp. The setting is amazingly good, and the game is great too.Star Realms
- another deckbuilder game where you're just trying to flat out destroy the other player. There's really good art on the cards! High Frontier
- a super-heavy, very realistic solar system exploration/colonisation simulator. Unfortunately it's almost too heavy to play, and it's more like a simulation than a game (very random!). BIOS: Megafauna
- another super-heavy, realistic game (by the same guy who did High Frontier) about evolving species through the Mesozoic and Tertiary eras, while trying not to die because of environmental change, competition, or other catastrophes. Dominant Species
(which I also have) is a similar theme but is way more playable.Leaving Earth
- Like High Frontier but a lot simpler and more playable, this is set during the space race between the 1950s and 1970s (the style of the game is right out of the 1960s too, but it looks very cool)X-Wing
- lots of Star Wars miniatures flying around going pew pew pew at eachother
. It's a bit on the random side but it's quite fun to play! (there are several other Star Wars games out there - e.g. Rebellion, Imperial Assault, and Star Wars Armada)Battlestar Galactica
- the ultimate traitor game, IMO. One or more players is a cylon, trying to sabotage the other human players in their attempt to get to Kobol (or Earth, depending on what expansions you have). It's soooo good, but it takes a long time to play! Eclipse
- a 4x space boardgame. It's pretty good but can also take a while to play, has a ridiculously long set up time (so many pieces!), and suffers a bit from being a Euro game with conflict.Compounded
- you're chemists in a lab, making chemicals! But watch out for the ones that may explode in your face! Pretty neat theme, though the game itself is a bit basic. Evolution
- a much easier game about evolution than BIOS:Megafauna, where you evolve creatures with different traits to try to eat the most food (or eachother).
This post (or any other post I made here) may not be quoted or copied beyond the SF RPG boards without my explicit permission.evildrganymede.net - visit the The Worldbuilding HubCheck out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!