SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:22 pm 

Ok then I may have another player interested as well...I could go with three players but I really would like to make the pc's, to watch for balance etc...

Would that be ok?

Suggestions would be taken of course!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 am 
Banned

Ronin84 wrote:
Ok then I may have another player interested as well...I could go with three players but I really would like to make the pc's, to watch for balance etc...

Would that be ok?

Suggestions would be taken of course!!

I'm interested in a Merc Captain.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:43 am 

Ok...I guess I should start here...

I have some ideas for a game, but what are you guys looking for, my other player is open so...David what kind of game were you hoping for?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:55 am 
Banned

Ronin84 wrote:
Ok...I guess I should start here...

I have some ideas for a game, but what are you guys looking for, my other player is open so...David what kind of game were you hoping for?

Hmm...that's a good question. Honestly I'm unsure. I tend to come up with a character and then see how he fits into the adventure. If he can't i play something else.

Its been along time since I read any Honorverse books, so I guess I need to read up on them again to recapture the real of the setting. But I do remember it being something like a high tech version of the old British empire.

I do have a solid grip on who my character is, and how he got where he is. I can PM you the basics if you like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 am 
Banned

Possibly a Merc game. It could be that the PC's are independent mercs, taking what jobs we can get. Or we are maybe we are part of a larger paramilitary organization that works under contract with a multi world government hunting down raiders and privates.

Or possibly we are in the service of an overly ambitious sub-sector Noble that's decided to muster his own private army to "unite" some boarder worlds under the imperial, namely his, banner. He doesn't really have the authority to do so, and the jobs he gives us could be considered war crimes if they don't go as planed.

This nobles over active sense of self importants could at some point prove to me the salvation of a backwater desert world that has been held in the grip of a tyrannical dictator. The world doesn't have much, but what it does have is a large amount of base ores and minerals that can be exploited to build a flight of ships for his lordship; and all off the radar.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:35 am 

ARGH!

This site is blocked for me at work, which is a major issue...also I am rethinking some stuff, lets hold on to what is being planned for the moment...

I know right now that I think that is David only but...