SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Tue May 17, 2022 2:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 559 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2795
Location: Texas, USA
"Unfortunately, this is my first mission with Control as well."

Ustlear takes the offered flask and with a quick sniff, takes a slug and passes the flask to Linna.

The liquor burned as it passed down his throat and he tries not to cough. Grinning over at Stefan, Ustlear nods his head is appreciation and thanks.

Ustlear then waits to see how Linna will react to the offered flask that has been drank from by the man and an Aslan. Human reactions were always interesting to him...

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: MA, USA
"This is my first mission with Control," Linna says, fidgeting with an odd-shaped object, "Although I have had contact with Operatives before. I was on some wilderness world when I met the one who rescued me."

She takes the proffered flask, takes a slug without any noticable hesitation and passes it back to Stefan. "I've got no idea if we're going to have more join us, though knowing Control, I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm happy to have a regular job, especially one that lets me use my wanderings as cover." She doesn't respond to Ustlear immediately, but it's clear that she's thinking about what she said.

Turning to Stefan, she says, "That's nice bourbon. Better than most of the Vilani swill I usually get. Though Havacola's pretty good. Where'd you get the flask?"

She decides not to turn on the music from her comm.

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2795
Location: Texas, USA
Ustlear replies, "The message on my Perscomm said to expect two or three others. So, I guess there might be one more joining us."

[OOC: Kafka, this is your chance!]

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
OOC: We continue on with no Kafka until we get a character.

As the three sophonts talk, three cutters do a silent dance outside the lounge window, transferring modules one to another... inside the lounge's simple but functional interior, the cleaning robot finishes its tables and merges back into a recessed bay in one of the walls, to the left of the elevator tubes.

Simultaneous to the cleaner bot's bay closing, the Bar service bot whirrs to activation as eight spidery arms extend from its columnar body, grasping at various bar implements and bottles. A single red photo-eye scans the three in the room as it vodes in a female voice:

"Welcome, honored guests... how may I serve you?"


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: MA, USA
Linna stands and heads to the bar, gesturing to her companions to follow in a somewhat unusual fashion. As she gets to the bar, she puts the oddly-shaped item (ooc: this is a piece of Ancient technology which she has; she has no idea what it does and I have no idea what it looks like other than "it's small." She keeps it on her unless she's alone.) on the bar and asks the barbot, "I don't suppose you have any Havacola and Lom?"

The barbot says, still using the female voice that makes Linna cringe inside, "I am afraid I do not have any Lom, but I do have Antarean gin; if you wish, I can use this to get a similar taste." Linna thinks a moment and assents. "Sure, why not. Set me up."

While waiting for the drink, she turns to her companions and says, "The message I got didn't specify a number; it just said 'a couple others.' Though from what I know, of Control, 'a couple' may be several."

Her drink arives, and she takes a swig, stepping aside so Stefan and Ustlear can order. Man, she thinks, This Antarean stuff just isn't the same. After a moment, she drinks the rest of it, and tries to think of whether or not she's heard of these two in what she's heard of CONTROL operations (rolling versus her skill of CONTROL Knowledge, Dice Results: 4, 4 [Total = 8+1=9]).

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2795
Location: Texas, USA
Ustlear follows Linna to the bar and quietly orders a Vodka Tonic with a Tomato (Aslan taste's don't you know).

Turning to Linna, Ustlear says, "It sounds like you know more about our new employer than I do. What can you tell us?"

Ustlear takes his drink and returns to his chair, absently watching the Cutter's outside the large viewing window.

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: MA, USA
"Not that much, actually. More because I think I have to be careful what I say until I get to know you better." Linna describes the organization as she knows it as she goes over to the chair next to Ustlear.

"What did you do in the Marines?"

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 290
Stefan seemed content with his flask and didn't follow the others up to the bar. When they returned to their seats, he wondered aloud,

"Doesn't all this feel a little too mysterious? The guy who recruited me made it seem like a great opportunity... but meeting a couple of strangers in a deserted bar seems a bit more cloak and dagger than I'm used to."


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2795
Location: Texas, USA
Jame Rowe wrote:
"Not that much, actually. More because I think I have to be careful what I say until I get to know you better." Linna describes the organization as she knows it as she goes over to the chair next to Ustlear.

"What did you do in the Marines?"


"I worked on a variety of spaceships and space stations. Normal Marine stuff."

Turning to Stefan, Ustlear says, "Yes, Cloak and Dagger indeed. The Agent who approached me seemed to be much more straightforward. Hopefully, more information will be available soon."

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
Linnie's Artifact, you all notice, is small, about 4 inches tall... it is metallic, but feels like some kind of thermoplastic resin, silver in color... it is a solid object, but it seems to be made of three shapes. A longish cone with an incredibly sharp point, on which rests a 1" diameter by 1" tall cylinder, and the cylinder is topped by a 1" diameter sphere. The object has incredibly fine grooves that start at the base of the cone and go to the top of the Sphere, and these are almost microscopic in thier fineness. The object seems like it should be something that could be easily broken into three parts, like the sphere could come off the cylinder, or the cylinder could come off the cone at the cone's point, but it seems like the object is one piece and cannot be bent or broken. There are no obvious welds or means that the three shapes are attached.

All of you notice, but never directly, (always out of the corner of your eyes) That the Object sometimes reflects/casts/ a purple light or shimmer of some kind.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 559 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited