SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm 

Traveller : The Omega Operatives

Adventure 1: OPERATION: NERVE NET

Log......

Spica Sector... Spica Subsector... System Tyrolia (Hex 2003)...
Planet Tyrolia I Alpha... A41199B-C
Byrene North Polar Highport...
Day 168... Year 1100 Imperial... 5618 AD...
22:34 Hours...

Like a great needle, the massive Class A Byrene Highport rotated slowly over Tyrolia Prime's north pole. The needle was a Grav stabilizer, keeping the station locked high in its polar stationary orbit. The starport was easily 4 miles in height overall, and near the top were many blocks of habitation modules, commerce modules, and service machinery.

At the very top, six great superstructure arms radiated from the needle-like hub. These arms served two purposes: they were the Starport's passive power collection grid, drawing energy from the feeble glow of Tyrolia's dwarf star and they were the main docks, where all the main flux of ships coming to Tyrolia paid call at the port.

The Highport was winding down from the day's bustle as many service ships, tugs, and tenders berthed up for the evening, next to scores of Starships of diverse origin and purpose. Great cruisers moored near tiny by comparison free traders all ran thru thier port routines.

Below, on Tyrolia Prime's night side, the small industrial world's surface blazed with the lights of a thick population and dense development. It was this vista that Linna Despotica looked out over from the lounge window of Lounge 67c, as a service robot quietly cleaned tables behind her. She had been insystem a week, and it had been just last night that she had recieved the cryptic message to come to this lounge for a new job prospect. So far, the lounge was occupied by only herself and the robot, which took no notice of her. The lounge seemed closed.

Almost simultaneously, two of the four entry tube doors on the north wall of the oval lounge slid open, and a figure emerged from each... from one, a human male (Stefan), and from the other, a huge male Aslan! (Ustlear)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:00 am 

The Lounge is dimly lit from hidden lightstrips along the ceiling panels. The room is an oval, about 80 feet long at its longest, and thirty feet wide at its widest... central is a Barbot which appears to be in service/clean mode, and there are a total of ten black duracast hexagonal tables with six silver instafoam chairs each. Many of the chairs still bear the contours of previous patrons, and the dull red photoelectric cells of the server robot reflect off the red marbelite floor as it sprays and wipes down the tables.

THe robot itself is @ 3 feet in height, and floats on a grav suspensor. It is a simple rectangular slab with two tentacle arms to aid it in its work. The tentacles end in six fingered hands...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:50 pm 

Linna stayed in her seat, watching the man and the Aslan enter and wishing that the bot were in bartender mode so she could at least get something to drink. Even if it wasn't acoholic.

The two men approached, and she thought to herself, I wonder if these guys are who I'm supposed to meet? Wonder why they sent an Aslan, though.

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:41 pm 

Tarrick rises out of chair stretches out his hand to greet the Aslan. In a heavily accented but polite & respect Tokh, "It is good that you have arrived, we have been expecting you."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:09 pm 

OOC: Kafka, I have no record of your character in the OOC thread. So far I only have Stefan, Ustlear, and Linna do you want to join the game? If so please post your character in the ooc thread and I can fit you in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:48 pm 

Ustlear enters the dimly lit lounge. The message he had received on his perscomm had been short and cryptic. Place and Time, nothing else.

As he enters the room, he sees a human male entering by another door. A woman is sitting at one of the tables.

*These must been my new squad-mates. Or my employer.* He thinks to himself.

Ustlear moves over to the table where the woman is sitting and extends his hand, claws retracted. "Hello, I am Ustlear McClellan, Imperial Marines. Well, formerly of the Imperial Marines."

Ustlear has tawny hair common to an Aslan male, but there is a fairly large patch of hair on his left leg that is shorter than the rest of his body hair. An almost healed scar is visible through the short fur. He doesn't limp though.

He is wearing loose pants that come to mid thigh (think modern basketball pants) and an Imperial Marine jacket with Lieutenant stripes on the Epilets but no other insignia. He wears a belt with several pouches, but no visible weapons.

Turning to the male human, he extends his hand again, "Hello."

(OOC: Nothing personal Kafka, I am just waiting for KoT to OK your character.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 pm 

Stefan strolled out of the entry tube. His spacer coveralls were brand new, but still managed to look scruffy.

*Well, I've seen worse,* he thought to himself, as he he casually scanned the lounge. A slight grin crossed his face as he caught sight of the young woman seated at the opposite end of the lounge.

*Heh, I've definitely seen worse.*

He ran a hand through his curly black hair and started walking towards the woman, but almost stumbled when he noticed the Aslan crossing the room. After a moment, his grin replaced with a vaguely confused expression, he resumed walking.

*I guess this is my new crew.*

Stefan looks a bit underfed on his best days, but next to the big Aslan he seemed positively diminuative. When Ustlear reached out, Stefan flinched slightly before shaking his hand.

"Uh... Hi," he stammered. "I'm Stefan. I guess we're going to be working together."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:17 pm 

Linna rises slowly (with a somewhat reflexive smile for Stefan - she saw how he was looking at her). She turns to the Aslan, and says, "Good to meet you, McClellan - and I hope you don't mind me calling you that!" as she takes his hand. "You're one of the few Aslan I've met with a human name." After they shake hands, she says, "Call me Linna. I'm sort of a ... wanderer."

She turns to Stefan, and offering her hand says, "Hi. My name's Linna. And yes, it looks like we're going to work together."

Going back to her chair, she sits. "Man, I wish that thing" (hooking her thumb at the barbot) "were in bartender mode; I could really use a drink." She says to the others, "What do you guys do for Control?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:28 pm 

"Nice to meet you Linna. My Clan Name (you can hear the capitalization in the way he says the words) is in honor of an Imperial Marine who saved my Ancestors (another capitalized sound). I am from Kaagin in Reaver's Deep Sector."

Ustlear takes a couple of seconds to surptiously upraise his new companions.

Stefan is small and weak looking, but moves with a fluid grace.
Linna is pretty for a human female, but has an odd movement to her that she seems unaware of. Interesting...

Glancing over at the Bar-Bot Ustlear adds, "I wish it was serving too, I would love a Vodka-Tonic."

Ustlear takes a seat in one of the larger sofa chairs, his large form barely fitting into the seat.

"Does anyone know how many others will be joining us?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:01 pm 

Stefan slumped into a chair bonelessly.

"Well, I'm a pilot mostly... but this is my first gig with Control, so I'm not sure what they want from me. For the money they offered, I didn't ask too many questions."

He pulled a metal flask from an inside pocket and took a small swig of bourbon from it. Offering the bottle to his companions, he added "I was hoping one of you knew what was going on."