SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 155 56 57 58 59 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 290
Stefan stops and reaches out for a wall, "Uhh... Linna are you seeing stars and stuff?"

Keep On Travellin' wrote:
At this point all players should total up as much computing power total they have from suits, intelligent weapons, computerweave clothing, handcomps, etc.
and then add:
* Any int bonus
* any computer skill, or hacking skill. Security skill will also sub.

present final modifier like "Bob 12" or something.


[OOC: Stefan = 7]


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: Texas, USA
Ustlear sways slightly as his eyes tell him one thing and his internal balance tells him something else. Regardless of what he sees, or thinks he sees, Ustlear knows that he needs to keep moving away from the Fusion Grenade.

Closing his eyes, Ustlear continues to move out of the room and towards the rest of his team, using his external sound pickups to help him navigate down the corridor after the others.

[OOC: Ustlear = 8]

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 992
Location: MA, USA
jimg wrote:
Stefan stops and reaches out for a wall, "Uhh... Linna are you seeing stars and stuff?"


Linna looks up, half her attention still on her computer. "Wha? What the hell?!? When did that happen?" Her concentration nearly breaks but she manages to keep it.

Keep On Travellin' wrote:
At this point all players should total up as much computing power total they have from suits, intelligent weapons, computerweave clothing, handcomps, etc.
and then add:
* Any int bonus
* any computer skill, or hacking skill. Security skill will also sub.

present final modifier like "Bob 12" or something.


OOC: 6; 7 if Control Operations is allowed as a modifier.

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
OOC: hold on. work interfering with Traveller.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: Texas, USA
The Godlike Referee of this little Misadventure said:

Quote:
Ustlear's great hand had madstripped the Fusion Grenade slightly off center to the center of the room... it is hard to tell what happens next, and in what order, due to the conflicting information that your brains recieve visually from the view "outside". Slowly the strange "going over a hill at high speed feeling returns and again you are wieghtless... there is a quick flash, then sputtering flicker to your instruments as the Grenade Detonate in the other room... all signals and transmissions being routed through it for some sinister purpose abruptly cease as the pulse waves pass you...

The entire station seems to shudder as if in some tectonic event as suddenly every security and antihack protocol you have goes into the red zone... the blast is over and has done it's work, but now all computers (including Linna's Implant) are now under full on Security Attack. So far, Control's software is keeping whatever is trying to crash in from doing so...

A voice booms inside all pickups as a giant pair of glowing red human eyes "open" and appear before you :

"WHO? Who Dares Intrude?!!"

"Identify! Identify Immediately!" as the giant eyes narrow....

Inertial Locator Lock has been lost with the zero plane (the ground) from the grenade, and from the attack computationally, you are all disoriented, basically losing track of up/down and where the ground is... behind you you can see the control room where the bomb has just gone off, but this quickly fades from sight behind a thick cloud of dark grey smoke... To further add to the bedlam, the Astrograph has just been set into motion, and you are "moving"...

OOC: For the first attack round, you are all effectively stunned. You can speak, but you fight mostly to keep your bearings... Stefan is getting sick... intense waves of nausea are wracking him up good... Though her system reads no damage, Linna's Implant feels as though it has just come out of the nano-furnace and put around her neck... some kind of nerve induction...


Ustlear feels the explosion through the souls of his clawed feet as the weightless feeling returns. His fangs are exposed in a fierce grin as the Computer obviously doesn't like what they just did. The off-center location of the grenade did it's job, keeping the majority of the debris and shrapnel from entering the corridor where his team braced against the explosion.

Ustlear sees the glowing red eyes adn while part of his mind wonders what is making this effect, another part of him wonders [i]*Seriously, glowing red eyes? What is this a Tri-V movie?*[/i]

Ustlear darkens his visor hoping that if he can eliminate the conflicting sensory information, he won't throw up in his vacc suit. He HATES throwing up in his vacc suit and he has never been good in zero-g.

His military instincts also kick in and he uses the all-comm, "Roll Call! Is everyone OK? What is your status?"

Ustlear sees the computer/security attack, but since the Omega software seems to be handling it for the moment, he concentrates on regaining his orientation and contacting his team.

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 992
Location: MA, USA
"Ack! Here! But something's happening with my computer!"

Linna starts squirming as she tries to deal with the attack on her implant, primarily looking to cut it off from outside interference.

Jame Rowe starts rolling some dice: (2d6+1)
Jame Rowe -> 2d6 (3,6 = 9) + 1 (1) = 10

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
<We are on Holiday break until January 15th>


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
<GAME ON>


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: Texas, USA
Ustlear, with is visor dimmed to remove the outside effects, continues to fight for control of his now weightless body. He is waiting for the other members of his team to give a status report.

Part of his mind is also watching the Omega software fight a computer battle against the intruder.

Still another part of his mind is using his suit's monitors to track the explosion and debris pattern, evaluating how well he placed the grenade.

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 290
Stefan chokes out, "Here," and adds to himself *wish I wasn't*.
After a moment of concentrating on keeping his last meal down, he says, "I'm not sure where here is though."


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 155 56 57 58 59 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited