SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 155 56 57 58 59 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm 

"What the HELL is going on here?" Linna continues with her computer.

(OOC Still waiting to see what happened about my last post.)

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 pm 

The software from Control seems to be doing the trick, as does Linna's Implant Backup systems, but to make an analogy, it is as if your computers, all of them, are like Vilani Sap Worms, under attack relentlessly by swarm beetles... Your status boards show that it is your higher Tech that is keeping the Mad Computer from totally consuming your systems and taking control of them...

You are all in a bad way, inner ear wise, and orientation wise... The space vista before you seems to stretch on forever, and you all seem to have great difficulty getting any sort of bearings or relative notions of up or down, and it is beginning to make you all very ill.. You all float within 2-3 meters of each other, but there seems to be nothing to push off from...

The voice speaks again, over your comms...

"Hhahahahaaha! When will you foolish Tyrolians learn that I cannot be defeated? How many of your Strike Teams must I destroy and then consume before you realize that I am Master here? Speak, playthings! Speak and amuse me, and I might let you live,even though you attempt to thwart my motives... Identify yourselves or you will never leave here..."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm 

Ustlear takes a gulp, REALLY trying to keep down the contents of his roiling stomach. Closing off the visor to the visual input seems to have helped, but now he is blind and still disoriented.

Hearing the Computer, Ustlear switches over to the same channel it used, "There seems to be some mistake. We are not Tyrolians. Do a scan of me. I am not even the same species! We are just trying to find some lost equipment."

While he is speaking, Ustlear reaches out with his hands and tries to make contact with other team members or a wall or something...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:40 pm 

"Yeah, he's right! Would a Tyrolian have gear this good?!?"

Linna will try to grab Ustlear if she sees him reaching; she will also keep ahold of Stefan.

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm 

Sounding miserable and defeated, Stefan cries "Look, if you just let me out of here, I'll go tell the Tyrolians that you are the master here. I'll tell them to stop their futile attempts to undermine you."

[2d6+Persuade: 9+2 = 11, if that helps]

Meanwhile, he will see if he can do anything to help the Control software fight off the attack.

[2d6+Computers+Int: 5+1+1 = 7, I guess not]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:48 am 

Gradually, the gravity ramps up to Standard, and you all right yourselves on the floor of the projection.. the ear imbalance fades... and you all quickly shake off the effect and look up to see the spacescape replaced by a holoprojection of the terrain north of the Station... A tactical map, like from a merc map box...

"dammit, hold on..." the voice says... still loud, but no "maniacal overlord" tone to it...

You now can see the corridor room, lit by an indirect red light, and the projection of the map is about a meter off the floor... from your position, you can see 2 groups of 6 Grav AFVs, apparently approaching the station from the north and northeast....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 pm 

Ustlear does a quick visual of the other members of the team, making sure they are all OK and unhurt.

"Hello? What is going on?" he says over his loudspeaker. Using hand signals (clawsignals?) he directs the rest of the team to form up on his position, but instructing Linna to watch the way they came and Stefan to watch the way they were going.

Ustlear also watches the approaching AFVs; using his military knowledge to evaluate the military situation.

[Roll: 6 + 3 + 1(Int) + 1(Tactics) = 11]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 am 

From what you can tell, te Tyrolians are mounting a two point attack on STODS-17 with two squadrons of Grav AFVs. Each Squadron consists of 5 TL-13 Skorpion Seige Tanks, and one comm/Tac missile AFV...They look to be gearing up for a Grav Cav dual unit Distract attack... One Squadron will draw fire as the other hammers at the base... With YOU IN IT!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 pm 

Keep On Travellin' wrote:
...One Squadron will draw fire as the other hammers at the base... With YOU IN IT!!

[OOC: Yeah, that figures.]

"OK Team, we seem to be in a small Zvarek-nest. It looks like the Tyrolians have come to save the day. Unfortunately, we seem to be in the middle. We need to MOVE. Let's get to the control room and shut this b@stard down before it wipes out everything."

Pulling up his HUD map, he checks again on the fastest path to the suspected location of the computer control center.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm 

Stefan grumbles as he tries to regain his bearings, "Man, this day keeps getting better and better. Let's get moving, we might have a little breathing space while our AI friend deals with his new playmates."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 155 56 57 58 59 Next