SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 155 56 57 58 59 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 992
Location: MA, USA
"What the HELL is going on here?" Linna continues with her computer.

(OOC Still waiting to see what happened about my last post.)

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
The software from Control seems to be doing the trick, as does Linna's Implant Backup systems, but to make an analogy, it is as if your computers, all of them, are like Vilani Sap Worms, under attack relentlessly by swarm beetles... Your status boards show that it is your higher Tech that is keeping the Mad Computer from totally consuming your systems and taking control of them...

You are all in a bad way, inner ear wise, and orientation wise... The space vista before you seems to stretch on forever, and you all seem to have great difficulty getting any sort of bearings or relative notions of up or down, and it is beginning to make you all very ill.. You all float within 2-3 meters of each other, but there seems to be nothing to push off from...

The voice speaks again, over your comms...

"Hhahahahaaha! When will you foolish Tyrolians learn that I cannot be defeated? How many of your Strike Teams must I destroy and then consume before you realize that I am Master here? Speak, playthings! Speak and amuse me, and I might let you live,even though you attempt to thwart my motives... Identify yourselves or you will never leave here..."


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: Texas, USA
Ustlear takes a gulp, REALLY trying to keep down the contents of his roiling stomach. Closing off the visor to the visual input seems to have helped, but now he is blind and still disoriented.

Hearing the Computer, Ustlear switches over to the same channel it used, "There seems to be some mistake. We are not Tyrolians. Do a scan of me. I am not even the same species! We are just trying to find some lost equipment."

While he is speaking, Ustlear reaches out with his hands and tries to make contact with other team members or a wall or something...

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm
Posts: 992
Location: MA, USA
"Yeah, he's right! Would a Tyrolian have gear this good?!?"

Linna will try to grab Ustlear if she sees him reaching; she will also keep ahold of Stefan.

_________________
"Are you in charge here?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 290
Sounding miserable and defeated, Stefan cries "Look, if you just let me out of here, I'll go tell the Tyrolians that you are the master here. I'll tell them to stop their futile attempts to undermine you."

[2d6+Persuade: 9+2 = 11, if that helps]

Meanwhile, he will see if he can do anything to help the Control software fight off the attack.

[2d6+Computers+Int: 5+1+1 = 7, I guess not]


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
Gradually, the gravity ramps up to Standard, and you all right yourselves on the floor of the projection.. the ear imbalance fades... and you all quickly shake off the effect and look up to see the spacescape replaced by a holoprojection of the terrain north of the Station... A tactical map, like from a merc map box...

"dammit, hold on..." the voice says... still loud, but no "maniacal overlord" tone to it...

You now can see the corridor room, lit by an indirect red light, and the projection of the map is about a meter off the floor... from your position, you can see 2 groups of 6 Grav AFVs, apparently approaching the station from the north and northeast....


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: Texas, USA
Ustlear does a quick visual of the other members of the team, making sure they are all OK and unhurt.

"Hello? What is going on?" he says over his loudspeaker. Using hand signals (clawsignals?) he directs the rest of the team to form up on his position, but instructing Linna to watch the way they came and Stefan to watch the way they were going.

Ustlear also watches the approaching AFVs; using his military knowledge to evaluate the military situation.

[Roll: 6 + 3 + 1(Int) + 1(Tactics) = 11]

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am
Posts: 360
From what you can tell, te Tyrolians are mounting a two point attack on STODS-17 with two squadrons of Grav AFVs. Each Squadron consists of 5 TL-13 Skorpion Seige Tanks, and one comm/Tac missile AFV...They look to be gearing up for a Grav Cav dual unit Distract attack... One Squadron will draw fire as the other hammers at the base... With YOU IN IT!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Location: Texas, USA
Keep On Travellin' wrote:
...One Squadron will draw fire as the other hammers at the base... With YOU IN IT!!


[OOC: Yeah, that figures.]

"OK Team, we seem to be in a small Zvarek-nest. It looks like the Tyrolians have come to save the day. Unfortunately, we seem to be in the middle. We need to MOVE. Let's get to the control room and shut this b@stard down before it wipes out everything."

Pulling up his HUD map, he checks again on the fastest path to the suspected location of the computer control center.

_________________
My friends call me Richard. You can call me Sir.
www.XmasDragon.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 290
Stefan grumbles as he tries to regain his bearings, "Man, this day keeps getting better and better. Let's get moving, we might have a little breathing space while our AI friend deals with his new playmates."


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 155 56 57 58 59 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited