SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 559 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:20 pm 

Ustlear rubs his eyes. He is getting a mild headache from that purple light just out of his line of sight. (It isn't the artifact, it is his attempts to look at it that are giving him a headache)

As Ustlear watches the three Cutters outside the window, he notices that two of them are doing most of the intricate maneuvering and the third is remaining relatively motionless.

*Obviously an inexperienced pilot on that one.* He thinks to himself.

Seeing that his drink is empty, he quietly gets up and goes back to the bar to get a Seherde Juice (non alcoholic) over ice. This is not the time to be getting drunk.

Ustlear returns to his seat and waits.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 pm 

Linna fiddles with her artifact, not really trying to do anything with it and rather used to the vaguely-seen purple shimmer; her eyes still hurt sometimes but she knows how to look at it. She says to Stefan, "Most of Control's work is cloak and dagger. But this actually allows for more fun than you'd think, given the places it takes you." She smiles at this, and drains her drink.

She watches Ustlear go over to the bar; while she can hear another drink calling, she decides to leave off for now, aside from maybe another HavaCola (straight this time) in a little while. If the johnson doesn't show up soon.

"Does this seem to be taking too long to either of you?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:01 pm 

Jame Rowe wrote:
Linna: "Does this seem to be taking too long to either of you?"

Ustlear smiles and replies, "This is normal. Hurry up and Wait."

He sips his drink, it is a bit too sweet for his taste, but still good, and waits.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:54 pm 

"You must have gotten a lot of that in the Marines, my furry friend." Linna is teasing, but she is obviously on the verge of bored. "... Ah, screw it." She gets up and retrieves a HavaCola, one of their fruit-infusion flavors that's supposedly Dlanese, and returns to her seat between Stefan and Ustlear.

After a few minutes of watching the cutters, she says, "I wonder what they're doing? It's certainly taking its sweet time." She puts her device into one of her pockets - it's a covert-carry pocket in her skirt - and takes out her comm, preparing to play one of the electronic games on it.

Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 am 

From the third elevator tube, three figures and some sort of bot on grav suspensors emerge... two are human females, both blonde, about 6'2" tall, and identical in appearance. The third figure is a Hiver mostly blackish pink in color. It's front left forelimb seems to be artificial at first, but then you notice that it is is encased in a heal-mesh, a crystalline web structure shaped like a Hiver leg, and a small limb regenerates within, Just visible through the translucent fibers. The robot is a 12" diameter by 4" thick disc with a 12" Diameter featureless sphere floating approximately 3" above the disk. On the underside of the disk is an indistinct shimmer of silver, roughly conical in shape. The Robot hovers about four to five feet from the bar floor.

One of the identical blondes sets a silver travelcase on the bartop, as the Hiver looks the group over... The Hiver and two females all wear a black formfitting uniform with dull grey computerweave styrations noticable in the light of the bar. Each (and the Robot) bears a small ancient Terran "Omega" symbol on the left shoulder of the uniform.

After a few seconds the Hiver speaks in a female voice:

"On behalf of Control, I bid welcome to Operative Party #68... I am Operative Susan. These are Operatives Olka, Elka (gesturing to the two females) and Operative Zhiel (gesturing to the Robot)... we have been selected to be your orientation operatives..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:09 am 

Stefan eyed the Hiver suspiciously, and muttered under his breath, "Like I said, cloak and dagger."

He rose to his feet, nodded to the twins and waited for the alien to continue.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 pm 

Linna crosses over to the bar, keeping the twins on the other side of the Hiver. She finishes her soda off so she can concentrate on the mission.

Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 pm 

Ustlear stands as well and comes to something like attention, but a bit more relaxed.

Like any good Marine (and Aslan male) he casually looks over each person, assessing their potential threat, weaknesses and the presense of any weapons (especially the robot and the twins). The wounded Hiver doesn't get the same once-over, Ustlear knows that Hivers do not fight.

(This is not a threatening thing, but just a quick size up to see what they are made of)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:17 pm 

The two "twins", though they must be clones, are beautiful by human standards, and incredibly poised and well toned. They move with a serpentine grace, similar to what Ustlear has seen gained from the Zhodani Zhdtbl and Vilani Ukagi fighting styles, both formidable forms of unarmed hand to hand combat...

Susan, though missing a limb, seems to function as well with the heal mesh in place, putting weight on it and manipulating a few holo fields that float in front of her.

The "robot" described as Operative Zhiel, floats toward Ustelar and party and says in a Terran-accented voice:
"And you must be Operative Ustlear... I don't think I've ever met an Imperial Aslan before..."

Ustlear notices that the "cloud" below the disc and sphere that make up Zhiel's Body is actually a tightly coherent swarm of tiny metal spheres, as the "Machine" speaks to him the swarm takes on the distinct form of a hand that reaches out to Ustlear in greeting...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 am 

"Imperial will be moot now , Zhiel, " Susan said, "now that he works for Control... Just as for for me my old ties to the Federation have long since disssapated decades ago... It is a new venture for all."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 559 Next