SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 659 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:00 pm 

Linna thinks, I guess that this means that I won't have to think of myself as an Emerelder again. I always hated that place anyways.

"My good Hiver," Linna says, "Now that you bring it up, might I ask what our present venture is?" She watches Operative Zhiel's new ... hand ... out of the corner of her eye. She's heard of robots like this, but thought that they were legendary.

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:37 pm 

Stefan started to fidgeting slightly, impatiently waiting for the Hiver to get to the point. His face betrayed some combination of suspicion or discomfort.

*Come on already,* he thought to himself, *let's get this freak show over.*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:00 pm 

Ustlear, after only a slight pause, shakes the robots "hand". The tiny spheres feel grainy against the leathery surface of his hand, but the grip feels firm.

As Ustlear is about to reply to the robot, he hears Susan's comment:
Quote:
"Imperial will be moot now , Zhiel, " Susan said, "now that he works for Control... Just as for me my old ties to the Federation have long since disssapated decades ago... It is a new venture for all."

Ustlear changes his orientation and replies to Susan instead, "I am loyal to the Imperium. I will not be involved in any actions that might threaten it. However, I was recruited into Control and told that I would be serving a higher cause. As long as this higher cause does not threaten my Imperium, then we can work together. I will not blindly give up my loyalty to the Iridium Throne."

Ustlear takes a more attentive stance, but not threatening. He eyes the twin/clones, waiting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:35 pm 

"Control serves the highest cause, Operative Ustlear... one of preserving the Balance, as the upcoming missions will show, " Susan Continues, "You will find that you do both the Imperium and the Galaxy at large a great service."

The "hand" from Operative Zhiel indeed does feel like the grip of a hand to the Aslan, and presently, the "cloud" of bearings that make up its form retract into a small door on the underside of the disc. The disc sets down on the Bar, and a small being, roughly 8 or so inches high, also wearing an Omega uniform stretches as it steps out of the featureless sphere on haunched legs. It is vaguely rreminescent of a Terran marmoset or small Lemur, but deep blue in color.

Zhiel now stands on the bar:

"Let's proceed with Standard Issue and get this team off to its first Operation, shall we? Agreed?"

Elka sets the case on the bar and opens it after entering a code on its side...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:57 pm 

Linna asks the barbot for another soda, for when the mission briefing is concluded; she then nods to the Hiver's party and waits for them to continue.

Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:42 pm 

Quote:
"Control serves the highest cause, Operative Ustlear... one of preserving the Balance, as the upcoming missions will show, " Susan Continues, "You will find that you do both the Imperium and the Galaxy at large a great service."

"That is all I ask." Ustlear replies.

Quote:
The "hand" from Operative Zhiel indeed does feel like the grip of a hand to the Aslan, and presently, the "cloud" of bearings that make up its form retract into a small door on the underside of the disc. The disc sets down on the Bar, and a small being, roughly 8 or so inches high, also wearing an Omega uniform stretches as it steps out of the featureless sphere on haunched legs. It is vaguely rreminescent of a Terran marmoset or small Lemur, but deep blue in color.

*Not a robot! I don't recognize that species though...* thinks Ustlear. Zhiel reminds him of the 'Eiosaa', an animal common to the forests near his home on Kaagin. He idly wondered if Khiel's fangs were poisonous like the Eiosaa's...

As the briefing starts, Ustlear mentally shifts into "Briefing Mode" absorbing as much of the data as he can.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:55 pm 

"These are the primary devices that we give out in Control," Elka says enthusiasitically, "they are designed to maximize covert operation effectiveness in a multi role capacity..."

"First, is the uniform" She produces a tiny 3" high cylinder... this forms the basis of the control uplinks and data reclimation necessary to stay in contact with control and provide up to date Intelligence Data during a particular Operation"

OOC: Game Terms: This uniform is skin tight, will fit under any clothing or vacc suit, is climate controlled to maintain optimum body temp in most reasonable environments. It is made of Smart Fabric with programmable color of any shade, and sports Computer Weave-2. It has the preprogrammed skills of Conrol Database-2, Covert Library-2, and Library. Armor wise it is treated as Ballistic Cloth in regard to projectiles and Reflec in regard to Laser Weapons.

"Second is the Omega Card" she holds up a relatively normal looking Data Wafer of solid black optical plastic. "This is a tool to aid in the defeat of many types of security systems that you may encounter..."

OOC: Game Terms: This device will open Primitive Locks (key type) on a 4+ in about 5 seconds using small mechanical picks that extend from its flat edge. It will open "Modern" combination or magnetic locks on a 6+ in about 10 seconds, It will bypass/defeat "Advanced" locks (Keypad, retina, or fingerprint Id type) on an 8+ in about 1 minute, or "High Tech" Locks (with DNA or Metabolic Coding) on a 10+ in about 10 minutes. The Omega card is put near the target lock and it goes to work. It is also the passkey into most Control installations.

"Third is the Comm Package... you put two drops of the HUD fluid into your left eye, and attach the Comm dot to whereever is handy, usually behind the left ear lobe. This will keep you in contact with other members of your Operative Team, and serve as an Emergency Warning system should you require extraction by Control."

OOC: Game Terms: The Comm Dot is 1/4" diameter, but on its own provides Planetary Range Communication between team members. The HUD fluid eyedrops will show the status of other team members in addition to flashes of relavent data from the uniform's Database. When linked to both an Omega Cruiser and a Control Tender in the same Star System, the range of communication of the Comm Dot is extended to a System-Wide level, but with the usual provisions made for transmissions travelling at the speed of light.

"And finally..." Elke holds up what looks like a pretty standard Space Pen, dull silver in color. She adjusts a small ring on the device and points it at a nearby durafoam chair... "is the CGL-16..." with a slight gesture the chair falls into two neat sections down the middle. There is no visible beam. "It makes a handy backup weapon and an escape tool in many tight spots..."

OOC Game Terms: The CGL-16 (Compact Gamma Laser, TL 16) is a variable power setting laser device the size of a pen. It has a total of 100 power units (which is to say d6) stored in it per shipboard recharge. Each D6 of damage caused by an attack by the weapon expends on power unit, and it can be set from 1 point to 5d damage per attack. Thus the weapon could make 100, 1d6 attacks, or 20, 5d6 attacks depending on how you set it. It has a low non-proficiency penalty, as it is easy to use as pointing at the target, and has a maximum range of 500 meters. The beam is in the Gamma Ray Spectrum, and thus invisible under most conditions. PRIS Binoculars are able to detect shots from it. The CGL is DNA locked to the user.

"Any Questions? These devices are standard to all Omega Operatives, and when we get closer to the Tender, you will have an opportunity to get additional equipment that you may need from the Quartermaster..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:28 pm 

Linna takes the proffered equipment, looking at the uniform case rather warily. She is thinking that it's a bit revealing to people who don't necessarily need to see...

"I'd like to know if these holdout lasers are already coded to us; if they aren't, how do we do it?"

Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:47 pm 

"Holding it for a few minutes will activate the coding." Elke says, "It will lock in to your skin's DNA..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:20 pm 

Stefan took each piece of equipment in turn, studied them briefly, and stashed them in various pockets of his coverall.

"These are some nice toys," he said. "I guess I'll have to get used to having access to top of the line gear."

After a pause, he added with a grin, "I'm sure I'll manage somehow."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 659 Next