SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 759 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:43 am 

"Do any of you have any Starship Operations skills?" Zhiel asks, plunging a straw like a spear into a drink that the bar bot sets before him...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:55 pm 

"Not me, other than knowing how to use a vacsuit and a bit of cooking. Which is important, donchano."

At this moment, her mind clicks over; she looks over at the floating sphere, and she says, "Oh my god there is no god, that's not a robot! What is it?!?"

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:58 pm 

Responding to Zhiel, Stefan says "I'm a pilot and can do some engineering."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:48 pm 

"So you can Captain your Cruiser then? You won't need a robotic command crew, just support position drones??"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:56 pm 

Zhiel also responds to Linna stirring his drink like a human would stir a large vat. "That sphere, Operative Despotovich is my support vehicle, like a vacc suit. It also helps me adapt to the normal scale of the Galaxy. We Xyleks as you can see are a bit small in stature compared to most sophonts."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm 

Linna opens her mouth and then closes it. Then she says, "A Xylek? Neat. Your suit must be very useful then." She's never heard of them (Edu 4), but she uses her implant computer to make a reminder to look them up later.

"I'd be quite willing to learn some starship operations if you need," she says to Stefan. "You could teach me."

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:03 am 

"Well, the biggest ship I've piloted is a 400 ton freighter," Stefan replied, "but it's all basically the same until you get up to capital ship sizes."

Looking over to the Hiver, he added "And I'm assuming you aren't going to hand one of those beasts over to me on my first day on the job."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:40 pm 

"The Omega Six has not arrived yet," Susan says, "but should be near the mainworld in two days or so. It is 300 tons. It is insystem now, but being hauled by the Tender to its deploy point. I am not sure if you will need it for the first op."

"Ah. We forgot one last piece of equipment, and this one is vital to the success of Your Operative Team. The Mission Scytale..."

The hiver shuffles forward to the bar and places a 6" square metallic cube on it. It has a 1" round, red indicator light on the top, and a printout slot on one side. It is otherwise featureless.

"This stand alone device will give you any relavant data concerning operations. It is deceptively low-tech in its operation, but effective. You will see..."

"Obviously, this is one item that you do not want to lose..."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 pm 

Olka puts a finger to her ear and says (in a voice identical to Elka's) "The fourth has arrived, Susan..."

Susan scans a small holofield that floats in front of her for a moment as Elevator Tube 2 hisses open...

A slender woman with short cropped red hair enters the bar...

"Operative Kovachs, welcome to Operative Team 68... I trust your delay was not long?
These are your Teammates, Operatives Despotovich, Reyes, and Ustlear..."

Elke demonstrates the same Standard Issue devices (OOC: as stated above ^ ) and gives them to Kovachs. The CGL-16 bonds to her DNA as she holds it in her hand...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:09 am 

Yvonne walks boldly into the room, the sound of her heels clicking rhythmically across the floor, dressed formally with her pristine white leather coat flowing as she walks.

"My apologies for being late, I had some... local difficulties."

She smiles as she looks over the group, before resting her elbow on the bar, orders a drink and takes a long, well deserved sip. "I do hope I haven't held everybody up?"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 759 Next