SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:17 pm 

Actualy, the act was described as passive-agressive, not you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:29 pm 
Banned

You didn't read some of the posts at RPG.NET

Dan

"A surefire way to avoid mistakes - don't do anything." Dale H. Besterfield
"I seek the sharp, scary pleasure that comes from beginning something new - that calls on all my resources and challenges my mind, my body and my spirit, all at once." Robert Fulghum
"A person who never makes mistakes seldom makes anything else." Christine Friberg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:34 pm 

I read the one where code got a slap on the wrist for calling you immature.
Didn't notice a direct accusation of you being passive-agressive. But, to be fair, I might have missed it yeah.
And some of the sarcy comments might be read as calling you passive-agressive. Maybe you're right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:39 pm 
Banned

Doesn't matter, I have a really thick skin. Couple that with the fact that I REALLY do not care what other people think and none of it matters.

As an aside: The only place I actually got the type of suggestions I was really looking for was at COTI (except for Kilgs at RPG.NET)

Oh well, kinda a dead thread now anyway.

Dan

"I seek the sharp, scary pleasure that comes from beginning something new - that calls on all my resources and challenges my mind, my body and my spirit, all at once." Robert Fulghum
"A person who never makes mistakes seldom makes anything else." Christine Friberg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 pm 
Administrator

gray lensman wrote:
Doesn't matter, I have a really thick skin. Couple that with the fact that I REALLY do not care what other people think and none of it matters.

I don't think that's a very good attitude to have when you're looking for opinions from other people. It does seem that you don't even acknowledge that your behaviour can even be interpreted to be "passive-aggressive", and that you don't really give a damn that you've lost a player. Having a "screw 'em, they can go to hell" attitude (as someone else said on rpgnet) towards your own gaming group is not healthy.

Quote:
As an aside: The only place I actually got the type of suggestions I was really looking for was at COTI (except for Kilgs at RPG.NET)

This doesn't surprise me - IMO many people on CotI don't seem to be experienced enough roleplayers to see the bigger picture. One person there even claimed that they thought the person who left your group was "afraid of change", which is an utterly ridiculous thing to say IMO. As you said later, they left because they didn't like Traveller.

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm 
Banned

gray lensman wrote:
... say Muan Gwi just before the Vilani show up ... or ... into the Imperial Throne Room just as Dulinor draws his piece ... (Other suggestions welcome, but skip the one about Darrian just before the Maghiz (already thought of it).

Suggestions like these....

gray lensman wrote:

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 pm 
Administrator

gray lensman wrote:

Since it's clearly not going anywhere constructive, it may as well be locked.

Check out my Youtube channel for all my streamed gaming videos!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3