SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:56 pm 

Yep, bad wording on my part, what I did mean was that the
attempt to create a truly generic system went nowhere. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:56 am 

The playtest for AEON Quickstart is beginning. This is an open playtest as the Quickstart edition will be a free-to-download PDF, so please do chip in if you like. Files will be uploaded to BRP Central and playtest comments can be posted to the dedicated thread there.

AEON Quickstart Playtest Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:21 am 

The first two chapters of the AEON Quickstart playtest files (Character Generation and Skills) are up on the BRP forums. Please go and check them out! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:13 am 

The latest news is that AEON will become AEONS. The reason is deceptively simple: the core rules are going to cover a wider range of fantasy/historical campaigns than the ancient period originally intended. So, AEON becomes AEONS.

The decision came about because there are have been a number of related games brewing in the background to deal with later fantasy eras from dark ages through medieval to renaissance and early industrial ages , mainly to ensure cross-compatibility for later publications. In the process, I realised there would not be a great deal of additional material until the introduction of firearms. The result has been that, in game terms, a more convenient cut-off “date” for the FANTASY AEONS™ book will be the invention of gunpowder. This will allow users the maximum flexibility in designing their settings while keeping the book down to a manageable size.

I say “deceptively simple” because this does mean a bit more work – but, hey, progress is never as fast as expected for these cottage industry projects so I’m sure it won’t have a significant effect in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you for your patience!