SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous 174 75 76 77 78 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:21 am 

Agemegos wrote:
hiro wrote:
Will it see the light of day?

(Will you be sharing?)

Yeah, sure. The link in my signature leads to this download site: http://flatblack.wikidot.com/on-line-texts#toc0.

:)

I realised that after posting!

Haven't had the chance to look, is the current version uploaded and will you be running a game?

If you're looking for players, can I put my name down please?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:12 am 

hiro wrote:
Haven't had the chance to look, is the current version uploaded and will you be running a game?

Yes, the version there is completely up to date. The last upload was eight days ago, and took place to correct a minor typo. I don't expect to change that document any further for a long time.

I am rather gingerly starting a game on Friday night, one-on-one with a very tolerant and accommodating player. He will be playing a secret operator working for an extremely shadowy organisation, doing things that it would be a political catastrophe if the Empire were caught doing them, but which is set up in such a way that it cannot be. Our communication solution (FaceTime) doesn't support conference calls, and our schedule (20:30 to 23:30 Friday Australian Eastern Time) is brutally inconvenient in Europe (where it amounts to the middle of the day on Friday) and America (where it starts as OMyGodItsEarly on a workday).

Quote:
If you're looking for players, can I put my name down please?

I'd love to, but sadly my experience of trying to run a game from the east coast of Australia for players in San Diego, San Francisco, Albuquerque, Louisville, Reyjavík, and Frankfurt-am-Main is an experience of failure. :(

My SF RPG setting, Flat Black

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:50 am 

I didn't think about the time zone difference, I think I'm 16 hours behind you here in Colorado. Not a workable solution, I agree.

My experience of play be post games (which is what I was thinking of) is mixed, should you look at running one, I am very interested.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:18 am 

hiro wrote:
I didn't think about the time zone difference, I think I'm 16 hours behind you here in Colorado. Not a workable solution, I agree.

In theory I could run a game from about lunchtime AET and it would be the previous evening for players in the US and Canada — I don't have to work, so the afternoon is okay for me. But in practice I have found that playing by VOIP doesn't work for me and that videoconference solutions are just on quite good enough.

Quote:
My experience of play be post games (which is what I was thinking of) is mixed, should you look at running one, I am very interested.

I've tried GMing PBEM and done okay, but it ends up eating a lot of my time while not really being quite enough fun to justify it. I reckon that the charm of GMing for me is that the immediate and ephemeral nature of the performance requires and allows me to set aside my urge to edit, groom, and perfect my creative output.

My SF RPG setting, Flat Black

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:58 pm 

Cyborg IM1 wrote:
Unfortunately, all the real writing may cut into my hobby time! :)

I hate it when that happens. :?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:40 pm 

I have quit one of my major jobs. This means I will finally have significant time for game-design and game-related content writing, which are becoming a major job by themselves.

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:39 pm 

Today I sold a story for an anthology: Short and Twisted Westerns.

My story "Varmit Hunt" will get published later this year. :)

My first fictional "Sale".

Scary that I may turn into a real writer - I have been asked to be on a panel with other writers at SoonerCon in Oklahoma City this coming weekend. I'm movin' on up! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:37 am 

Cyborg IM1 wrote:
Today I sold a story for an anthology: Short and Twisted Westerns.

My story "Varmit Hunt" will get published later this year. :)

My first fictional "Sale".

Scary that I may turn into a real writer - I have been asked to be on a panel with other writers at SoonerCon in Oklahoma City this coming weekend. I'm movin' on up! :)

It's wonderful to hear that!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:35 am 

Been sort of busy in my retirement by getting a 3d printer. Now I make models for playing microarmor games. Not as good as GHQ but good enough for the game table.
I may do sci-fi in the future (ha!), but not the usual hackneyed Traveller stuff. I'll stick to cold war planes and tanks for now..... and hotrods/nhra toys.

I've kept my toes in the water for RPG's by playing DnD5e ( yuck ). I think the rules suck but its the only game that can be consistently found here. The wife and I play 'Masks' over discord.
I'm going to start a fantasy theme game based on EABA and Stuff! but because noone here is interested in anything other than DnD, it'll be solitary musings mostly. Heck, I can't even get anyone interested in Mythras.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:46 am 

Ishmael wrote:
Been sort of busy in my retirement by getting a 3d printer. Now I make models for playing microarmor games. Not as good as GHQ but good enough for the game table.
I may do sci-fi in the future (ha!), but not the usual hackneyed Traveller stuff. I'll stick to cold war planes and tanks for now..... and hotrods/nhra toys.

I've kept my toes in the water for RPG's by playing DnD5e ( yuck ). I think the rules suck but its the only game that can be consistently found here. The wife and I play 'Masks' over discord.
I'm going to start a fantasy theme game based on EABA and Stuff! but because noone here is interested in anything other than DnD, it'll be solitary musings mostly. Heck, I can't even get anyone interested in Mythras.

I have the same "Only D&D 5E" problem here in Israel. In wargames as well - its "Only Warhammer Fantasy/WH40K". I like 5E more than 3.5E, which is an unpleasant chore to prep for, but 5E suffers from being incredibly lenient and forgiving towards players; even level drain (!) is cured (!) by a long rest. No lasting mechanical consequences for anything... 5E characters are also overpowered at quite low levels. I prefer OSR D&D-like games or Cepheus sci-fi, but most people here don't, unfortunately.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous 174 75 76 77 78 Next