SFRPG

The forum for Science Fiction Role Playing Game inspiration and information! So Say We All!
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous 176 77 78 79 80
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 pm 

Today I finalised the Player's Introduction for the new version of my old setting, Flat Black. It's up on the Web in the usual place.

And I started work on the first gazetteer for the setting, with the working title Forty Exotic Worlds. I've drafted an entry for Tau Ceti III, which I will fix up the format of before I copy it for the other 39 entries.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:55 pm 

I have been working on an update to the Stars Without Number Expanded World Creation book I did a few years ago. Updating for the Revised Edition of the basic rules.

Got the first draft done and after some great feedback from editors, I am going back and adding all the detail I took out before. :)

I was hoping for a Christmas publication date, but I don't think I will meet the deadline.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:36 am 

Today I finished the draft of the entry for Arcolais in my setting gazetteer, Forty Exotic Worlds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:40 am 

Today I took an extract of the Extended Hipparcos catalogue consisting of all stars in luminosity classes IV–VI, in spectral types A5 to M4, within 55 pc of Sol, collated in their proper names and other pleasing designations, collated in missing data from the Internet Stellar Database, and used the rules for star generation in Architect of Worlds to infer missing data and to randomly generate missing data that is compatible with the stars having been randomly generated using the rules.

Now I have a catalogue of 5,660 candidate stars to generate the systems of, that make up a plausible Solar neighbourhood, with Hipparcos Input Catalogue numbers, HD numbers where available, names or pretty catalogue numbers where such exist, position data including the constellation that they are in, mass, metallicity, age, luminosity, and zero-age main-sequence luminosity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:10 am 

Today I finished writing up my notes of a review of the current draft of Jon Zeigler's forthcoming Architect of Worlds and send off the last of a long series of e-mails to him about it. They came to 17.400 words of reviewer's comments, and I really hope that they were more helpful and encouraging than annoying ad dispiriting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:08 am 

Recently I jotted down some preliminary notes for a fan-supplement of porting Traveller to the Savage Worlds game system.
Mostly because my players find changing systems harder than others might.

"No, but I'm full of ideas!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also not a Dave.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 796 posts ]  Go to page Previous 176 77 78 79 80